Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome to Whisks and Whimsy!

Hello! Welcome to my little place on the internet. I think you'll like it here. The idea for this blog started when I decided to make a quilt out of all of my favourite old t-shirts, and wanted to document the process and tell stories about each shirt and why they were special. But then I thought: "Well, blogging about a quilt could get mighty boring. And what if I want to talk about baking? Or books? Or some crazy random thing that everyone needs to know about?".

It became apparent that I needed a less focused blog approach, which was fine with me, since I like doing so many things. Whisks and Whimsy was chosen as the name after a long, drawn out process that involved many lists, pints, discussions with friends, and other procrastination tactics designed for the sole purpose of never getting around to actually starting a blog at all. It's nice as it combines my strange affection for words starting with 'wh' with baking terminology and general fun and creativity.

I still haven't made the quilt. But I have started the blog, and that will be the impetus for actually making the damn thing. In the meantime, please visit often for recipes, pictures of baked goods, lists, stories, crafts, etc., etc., etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment